The benefits of drinking lemon juice 1st thing:
The many health benefits of lemons have been known for centuries the main ones of which I will share with you, but first up how do you prepare your juice? And good news, its super simple:
–First thing in the morning, So before breaky, coffee, exercise, meditation, reading the paper, checking emails or any other morning ritual you may have. The reason for this is having an empty stomach before hand helps to kick start the digestive system and aid in detoxification.
-Using a basic lemon squeezer, juice 1/2 or a whole lemon (depending on size) add this to a glass of warm and not boiling water, I start with cold and add boiled water
from the kettle. The reason for this is cold water is a shock to a body that has just woken up and you want to gently wake up your digestive system. Boiling water will kill the vitamin C in the lemon which is one of the great immunity boosting benefits of this drink.
5 amazing things lemon juice does for you when taken this way:
1) Aids in detoxification/ cleanses your system – The citric acid in lemons promotes enzyme function which stimulates the liver (The bodies detoxification power house). Lemon juice is also a diuretic, meaning an increased rate of urination, helping to flush out unwanted materials.
2) Aids in weight loss- The pectin fiber in lemons fight hunger cravings. People who’s bodies have a good pH balance (see bellow) do in fact lose weight faster and studies have shown having this pH balance correct can lead to making better food choices throughout the day.
3) Clarifies skin- Foods high in vitamin C (lemons are one of the highest) as well as the antioxidants found in lemons help to combat free radical damage and decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
4) Gives energy and promotes a positive mood- Lemons are one of the few foods that contain more negatively charged ions, these react with the negatively charged enzymes in your digestive tract providing more energy when it enters the digestive system. The scent of lemon is also proven to enhance and lighten moods.
5) Alkalizes the body (Balances pH levels): Sickness and disease states only occur when the body’s pH balance becomes more acidic and less alkaline (The opposite of acidic). Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body.
I dare you to give it a go for a week and see what differences it makes to your day, Do you drink lemon juice in warm water each morning? How does it make you feel? leave a comment bellow